2.4.9 not working in CS4 32-bit but ok on CS3

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm

I can't seem to get any response from CM in CS4.  It starts and show the curve and can run the wizard.  However, I see no changes nor does the color picker come up for the wizard.  Still working well in CS3, however.  Unistalled and re-installed via the 2.4.9 updaet.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jerry

Postby -default » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:13 am

You may be the first person to try running Curvemeister 2 on CS4.

I haven't yet tried it with CS4, but will do so in the next few days.  I can't guarantee a fix, but if it is relatively simple, I will provide a free update for Curvemeister 2 to run on CS4.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 am

I tried the same thing - curvemeister shows up in CS4 on the filters menu and will activate showing the lab, rgb, etc menu, but when you change curves nothing happens.

Thanks

PhotoDoc

Postby -default » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:42 am

Thanks for the heads up. CS4 obviously does not agree with the older version of Curvemeister.  I'll have an updated status here shortly after I recreate the problem and try to determine what is causing it.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:31 am

Any updates? Thanks!

Postby -default » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 am

There is definitely a problem with Curvemeister 2 and CS4.  Curvemeister 2 is more intimately tied to Photoshop's window layout, since it replaces Photoshop's image window with its own window.  Curvemeister 3 does not have this problem, because its window llayout is independent of Photoshop's.

I don't have a workaround as yet, but there is a possibility that disabling tabs, and using the F key to rotate through the various window display options will fix the problem.

If I can do it in a reasonable amount of time, I will fix Curvemeister 2 to work with CS4, but I cannot promise this.  When I have a free moment, I will see what is involved in fixing the problem.  If I can't fix it, then it would be necessary to upgrade to Curvemeister 3 to use CS4.

Just to clarify- the current version of Curvemeister, version 3 works with CS4 - the problem being discussed is with older versions of Curvemeister, versions 2 and 1.

Return to “Curvemeister Support”