PS Elements 6.0 installation problem

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:50 am

I am trying to help a friend install CM3 on his computer.  The symptom is that CM doesn't show up in the filters menu after it is installed.  I checked with him and CM is being installed in the directory Location: C:Program FilesAdobePhotoshop Elements 6.0Plug-InsFilters directory.  I'm attaching a copy of the output of ACRChecker since that was mentioned as a tool that might provide infomation that might help with debugging.  I tried the install on my machine that had PSE 6 and everything worked fine.

When my friend first installed CM he had 3 versions of PSE on his computer -- PSE 2, 5 and 6.  He has uninstalled PSE 2 and 5 and tried reinstalling CM3...but it still doesn't show up. What else can we do to get this working?  Any suggestions on things to try or other information we could collect for debugging would be really welcome.  My friend would really like to start using CM3.

Thanks for your help!

Gus

Postby -default » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:35 am

Hi Gus,

First, thanks for your help in trying to solve your friend's problem, and for providing such complete information.  I don't have an immediate solution though.  Everything looks fine from the  ACRChecker output.

I have revamped the installer for the latest beta version, and I would suggest that you install the latest version from the beta area and see if that perhaps addresses the problem.  I generally avoid posting this link in the open forums, and have emailed the link to you directly.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:47 am

Uninstalling all three PSE Versions and reinstalling only PSE 6 and the CM3 beta cleared the problem.  Now everything works for my friend.  Mike,  thanks for your help with this!

Gus

Postby -default » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Gus,

Congratulations on solving the problem.  It should work just fine with multiple versions of Elements installed, so I'm scratching my head on this one.  Glad it is working though!

Return to “Curvemeister Support”