Not enough memory?

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi there,

I have been using CM with PhotoShop CS for some time, without any problems.  Due to buying a new Nikon D300, have had to up-grade to PhotoShop CS3.  Now, whenever i create a dupe layer and apply CM adjustments, I get a message that there is not enough memory to complete the task.  Only solution is to click OK and I'm back to the PS screen with two layers.

I am using XP Pro on a Dell 9200 with 2 gb of RAM, dual processor, plenty of hd space, 5 gb as a PS scratch disk on the second hd and the second scratch disk (partition) has about 90 gb of space.  Having said that, the second scratch disk is the same as the partition that the images are stored on.  I'm scanning medium format transparencies and working on a file of about 135mb.

As I said, there was no problem with PS CS, but CS3 is a different issue.  Is it a PS or CM problem?

Please help as it is very frustrating!

Rex

Postby -default » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi Rex,

Can you email me an image that has this problem?  Does this happen for a image with only one layer, or only if up dupe to a new layer?

Mike

Postby -default » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:02 am

Status: I ran Curvemeister 3 on a 4288x2488 image, duping the layer and running a simple curve, both 8 and 16 bit.  My system is XP, CS3, with 2 GB of memory.

Please let me know what your procedure was, and perhaps some detail about your workflow - how many images do you edit at a time, whether you are using Camera Raw and/or Bridge, or opening the image directly in Photoshop for example. 

I'd like to address this issue as soon as possible.

Postby -default » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 pm

Rex,

The main thrust for supporting larger images under Photoshop is going to be 64 bit.  CS3 will benefit somewhat from running under 64 bit Vista, but the real will as far as capacity, will be running CS4 under Vista 64.  I expect to have a 64 bit version of Curvemeister available soon.  I'll be keeping people up to date on this thread:

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=2191.0

Mike

Return to “Curvemeister Support”