Using w/PSE 5 -- can't find it CM!!

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I purchased CM last night - downloaded and installed it -- everything seemed to be fine.  It asked during installation if I wanted it to use with PSE 5, which I chose.  It was late, so I thought I would get started with it in the morning.  Now I cannot figure out how to initiate the program.  In PSE 5 I cannot find it anywhere -- other add-ons I have (ie Noiseware) appear at the bottom of the filter menu or in the Artwork & Effects menu)  -- and in looking at my c:programs/adobe/pse 5 I don't see it in the plugins anywhere - CM is listed separately in the programs list.  I do have CM in my "programs" listing - but the only options are check for updates, help, CM clock and uninstall - no where to initiate the program.  I'm sure I have missed something important here --- as I am a rank amateur with all of this.  Any help will be appreciated.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:19 pm

CM should show up as a filter under the filters menu if it does not you might want to un-install and re-install and make sure the directory is

\program filesadobephotoshop elements 5.0plug-insfilters, when you do the install.  That should make it visible to the program.

Greg

Postby -default » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi momatx,

Greg has covered the bases here - check the Plug-ins/Filters folder he mentions to see if the curvemeister3.8bf file is located there.

There is also a program called AcrChecker that will list all of your plugin information.  I would be interested in what caused this problem because I am re-working the installer to be more automated.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks for the replies -- I uninstalled and reinstalled and it now shows up right where I thought it should - in the filter menu with Noiseware.  Thanks.  Now I just need to learn how to use it!!! 

Postby -default » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Super - congratulations on fixing the problem.

There's a lot of material in the manual, and also a class at Eclectic University starting in a few weeks.

Return to “Curvemeister Support”