Curvemeister (ver. 1) and Photoshop CS3 problem

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Good evening,

I'm having a similar problem like Mr. Brian S. described in his post dated May 26, 2006 (see quote in italics below). I'm using Curvemeister ver. 1.2.8. and Photoshop CS3.

I lose access to Cm's toolbar if I have the image window maximised in CS2, palettes tabbed off, then start CM. (this gives me the max amount of work area).

CM appears to work within the CS2 image window (makes sense) , however if the image window is maxed and  pallets are hidden it buries the top of its window under the CS2 menu bar, thus hiding Cm's toolbar, and because the window is maximised, I can't get to the min/max buttons, so I have to close CM!.

The best way to do it is to use "Standard Screen Mode", then start Curvemeister and maximize the image I'm working on. This gives me the maximum work area and makes everything much easier. Is there any way to "modify" the behaviour of the Curvemeister - either by keeping the Curvemeister working window "always on top" or by reducing the vertical size of the working window so it fits between Photoshop's tool bar and Windows taskbar?

Many thanks for your kind help.

Have a nice day,

Peter Kernel

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 am

The best way to do it is to use "Standard Screen Mode", then start Curvemeister and maximize the image I'm working on. This gives me the maximum work area and makes everything much easier. Is there any way to "modify" the behaviour of the Curvemeister - either by keeping the Curvemeister working window "always on top" or by reducing the vertical size of the working window so it fits between Photoshop's tool bar and Windows taskbar?

Those older versions of CM always behaved a bit oddly with regard to window sizes. It was down to the way the CM dialog took over and resized the PS window containing the image so it, CM, had somewhere to put its tools and icons and stuff. Whatever it did, someone's screen layout suffered. I recall posting complaints of my own... :)

There's no fix, AFAIK, other than to tweak the way you use the screen such that the problem doesn't affect you. The best solution by far is to get the latest version of CM, which runs entirely in its own dialog and therefore does the sensible thing in all cases. Plus you get a wealth of new features too!

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Dear Derek,

Thanks for the advise. I evaluated the CM ver. 3 demo and was very happy with it. I'll (most likely) switch to new version by the end of the month.

Have a nice day,

Peter Kernel

Return to “Curvemeister Support”