Lost History in version 3

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:56 pm

Mike,

I noticed that when I hit Ctrl-F, nothing happened. Going to Browse History takes me to the Documents directory and asks for a file name.

I had processed several images so expected the ACV file to be somewhere. A search found no recent ACV files. I did, however, find all of them from version two - in the Curves 2/History subdirectory of Curvemeister.com. A look in the Curves 3 directory showed no History subdirectory.

What have I done wrong... and how can I fix it.

Ron
(Curvemeister 3.1.0.1 - Vista Ultimate - Photoshop CS3 Extended)

Postby -default » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:58 pm

The most common reason for this problem is file permissions.  If, for some reason, Curvemeister is not able to create the History folder, it will silently fail to record the history file.  Since you have a working Curvemeister 2 history folder, I'd recommend that you merge the two. 

Assuming you installed the Curvemeister support files in the usual place, the attached .reg file should point your new Curvemeister 3 installation to the history files for Curvemeister 2.  if not, please let me know and I'll follow up with instructions on how to manually edit the history file folder name in the registry.

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:15 am

Mike,

That did it. Thank you.

Ron

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Mike,
This is also happening to me...No history...on the Vista machine...

Postby -default » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:32 am

Hmmm - this seems to be endemic.  If CM2 history is working, you could run the same attached .reg file that I posted for Ron.

Otherwise, I think I need to move these files to either a shared (preferred) or per user (know how to do, but messy) document area.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:33 pm

Mike,
I have no CM2 history folder nor do I have a CM3 history folder.

Does the program create one on install?  If so it is not showing up on my Vista Machine.  Just like Ron I went looking for the history files but do not have any..  :'( 

I figure adding the reg patch makes no sense if there is no history to point to...

Greg

Postby -default » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:04 pm

To make history work, change the HistoryDir registry entry to point to a folder in which you have write permission.

I'll be addressing this in the next release, probably by moving the history files to "My Documents".  This should fix the problem on Vista, as well as for the occasonial XP and Win2K system where this problem turned up.

The same goes for pin files.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:37 am

Why is that key in the Hkey_Current_User>Software>Curvemeister folder??
Mine is set to c:windowstemp...I found them...

Can you do this under the hkey_Local_Machine Tree that might remove the user rights problems...

Greg

Postby -default » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:41 am

Something like that. It's not so much where the items are in the registry, so much as where they are pointing in the folder structure.

Return to “Curvemeister Support”