CurveMeister and soft proofing

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:33 pm

What does CM do when soft proofing is turned on? It seems that if you start CM with soft proofing turned on, you get to see the soft proof version of your image as long as you stay in the image's native colour mode. Switch to another and you get to see the non-soft proofed version. Is that right? I've got myself rather confused over this. :)

More to the point, what I'm trying to do is this: I have an image that looks great on my screen and I want it to look like that when printed. When I turn on soft proofing (which gives me a pretty accurate idea of the printer's output) the colours go flat. So what I want to do is run CM one more time with soft proofing turned on so I can boost the colours to a level where they look good under soft proofing, and therefore will look good when printed. CM's behaviour under soft proofing seems a little unpredictable.

Or perhaps there's a better way of doing what I'm trying to do?

Postby -default » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:49 am

Derek, you are correct.  Soft proofing works correctly only in the image's native color space.  I've added this to the bug list, and expect to have something for you to try relatively soon.  As you know, there are several other bugs that you've found in the queue too.

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Derek, you are correct.  Soft proofing works correctly only in the image's native color space.  I've added this to the bug list, and expect to have something for you to try relatively soon.  As you know, there are several other bugs that you've found in the queue too.

While you're at it, can you ensure the 'Gamut warning' colours are rendered correctly in the CM window as well? This currently seems to work as long as the image is in it's native colour space, but the warning disappears when you change colour space. Much like the soft proof situation, so it's probably related.

Return to “Curvemeister Support”