Using Curvemeister with CS3 Beta

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:20 am

Hi Mike,

I just installed CS3 Beta and wondered if Curvemeister can be used with both CS2 (where I have all my favorite actions and Curvemeister installed), and also in playing around with CS3 Beta.  I ran the Curvemeister installer and it (of course) told me to uninstall and re-install.  I may do that temporarily, but is there a way to have it available in both versions at once? 

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:40 am

Sorry.  I read the post about copying the contents of the Plug-In folder from CS2 to CS3, but I don't find Curvemeister in any of my CS2 plug in folders.  What am I missing?

Postby -default » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:53 am

Curvemeister is normally one layer down in the PluginsFilters menu - the file is named Curvemeister2.8bf.  You can also just reinstall Curvemeister, and it will (or should) install itself in the latest version of Photoshop.

Mike

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:00 pm

That did it, thanks, Mike!  I looked at that folder and saw the Lighting Styles subfolder but failed to look in the Filters folder itself.  Guess I'm getting old and senile.  I simply made a copy of the curvemeister file into the same folder in CS3 beta and it pops up just fine.

CS3 has made some nice improvements to their curves, but Photoshop w/o Curvemeister just isn't Photoshop to me.  It's usually the first thing I open when beginning work on a file.  I am continually shocked when I upgrade Photoshop to find Curvemeister not there when I sniff around in the menus looking for new features.  You'd think I'd learn.....

Postby -default » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:41 am

CS3 has made some nice improvements to their curves, but Photoshop w/o Curvemeister just isn't Photoshop to me.  It's usually the first thing I open when beginning work on a file.

Thanks - this makes my day - Mike

Return to “Curvemeister Support”