Problems setting points

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
Gary

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Mike
Gregg suggested I send you this, I am running windowsXP 32Bit with 2megs of ram and photoshop CS4, I have CM3.0.12.0 have started the Curvemeister Jan. 101.

The problem I am having is that when I try and set my control points for shadow, highlight etc. the point does not follow the curser very well. At times I have to grab it a couple of times and if I drag slowly it will follow up to 1/4 inch behind, if I drag fast it will leave it behind. I can set the points by dragging very slowly and when I am close. Hope this makes sense.

The other problem is when I go to settings and change to 0-255 it will not change in the program, it always stays at 0 to 100%, this is for the lightness in Lab mode.

I understand that CS4 sometimes has problems with plugins that were made for CS3, for instants if I have NIK plugins installed my "arrange documents" button will not work in Photoshop. Greg has been trying to help me with this and has suggested I post it here.

Gary
Sorry I posted this in the wrong place last night.

Postby -default » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 am

My feeling is that this problem will require some effort to track down.  This sounds like a performance issue.  See if the highlight point is more responsive in RGB mode, and/or if your image mode matches the mode that Curvemeister is using.

Rre NIK, here are a couple of thoughts.  Curvemeister did need to be changed a bit for CS4, due to a change in the way that Photoshop handles its windows internally, it's possible that the NIK plugins are encountering a similar issue.  TThe tabbed windows, in particular, were the ones that required changing Curvemeister, so try turiing off tabs.  NIK is a very reputable software company, and I would make sure that you are up to date with any new revs that they may have.  Also use the F key to rotate through Photoshop's various window modes.

Gary

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 am

Rre NIK, here are a couple of thoughts.  Curvemeister did need to be changed a bit for CS4, due to a change in the way that Photoshop handles its windows internally, it's possible that the NIK plugins are encountering a similar issue.  TThe tabbed windows, in particular, were the ones that required changing Curvemeister, so try turiing off tabs.  NIK is a very reputable software company, and I would make sure that you are up to date with any new revs that they may have.  Also use the F key to rotate through Photoshop's various window modes.

This does not come from me, I suddenly found the "arrange documents" was not working I googled the problem and read the cure was to unistall the plugins which I did and everything was normal again. They could be older plugins because they came with my Wacom. I was not knocking NIK I know they are a good company.

I have tried, and just did again setting the points in RGB with the image also in RGB but it still acts the same way, the point follows the curser by about 1/4 inch unless I move very slowly, if I move the mouse or pen quickly alot of the time it just leaves the point behind.

I think I mentioned I have 2megs of ram with photoshop allotted 70%
Video card is ASUS Extreme AX800 XL 256mb 256 bit DDR PCI-E Duel DVI VIVO
Computer is getting older Sept. 2005 but has always been quite stable.
Hope this helps however please understand that this is just a hobby for me, sold my studio and photo business some years ago.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 am

Gary,
Your reports help Mike polish the software.  He always feels that if you are reporting it, how many out there are not??  The result usually leads to a much better interface for everyone.
I can completely assure you (having reported numerous bugs in the recent past as a part of the beta team for CM) that Mike absolutely loves to hear about bugs and is always trying to respond swiftly and accurately to insure you get your money back out of Curvemeister.

It is a true passion for him. 

Keep trying to isolate the issue, keep asking for help and Mike will certainly try to solve the problem quickly.
Greg

Postby -default » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:52 am

Absolutely - I'm actually working on the curves control right now - rewriting most of it actually - so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re the sluggish curve response, go into settings and un-check the "dynamic update" option. This will only update the image when you release the mouse, and should make things much more fluid while you are adjusting.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”