Photoshop's Move tool preview altered after using Curvemeister

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.

Postby -default » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:20 pm

After using Curvemeister, Photoshop's move tool no longer previews correctly.  Instead, the image data jumps to its new location after the mouse is released.

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

After using Curvemeister, Photoshop's move tool no longer previews correctly.  Instead, the image data jumps to its new location after the mouse is released.

ROFLMAO!

I've been puzzling over that for months. 9 times out of 10 when I make a selection using the rectangular marquee I get that exact behaviour when I try to move it. I've gotten used to going to "Transform Selection" to make a subtle adjustment to the selection position using the mouse. I thought it was some setting that I had accidentally changed, but I noticed on the odd occasion the selection move did work as expected. CM is such an integral part of my workflow these days that the problem seemed pretty much permanent. It's baffled me for ages... It never occurred to me that it might only show the incorrect behaviour after I've run CM, but I've just confirmed that's what the problem is.  ;D

Postby -default » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Ditto.  I have been blaming this on Photoshop, or a video driver problem, for as long as I can remember.  It never occurred to me that this could be a bug in Curvemeister.

Kudos to Ondrej for spotting the problem and reporting it. It's the kind of bug I like because it's consistent, so I should be able to fix this relatively soon.

Postby -default » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm

This bug has been with us since Curvemeister 1.0.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”