Antivirus program

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Help!!!!  My antivirus program, BitDefender, is throwing curvemeister.exe into the quarantine folder.  I have even tried to exclude it's path, but still thinks curvemeister.exe is infected.  I looked through the forum, but haven't seen anyone else post this problem.

Kindest regards,
Rick

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu May 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Does it allow you to execute the program or does it jump right in on the double click? 

I'm asking if the install even starts or if you get cut off before the program starts.
BTW welcome to the forum.  You have come to the right place...

Greg

Postby -default » Thu May 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi Rick,

I use bitdefender on several systems, including the one that I develop on.  The first explanation I'm thinking of is that your curvemeister executable got infected.  I'd suggest that you purge your internet cache, re-download the installer and try again. 

I've attached a bitdefender scan of the current beta version 3.0.8 to this message:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/

If you think the downloaded image that you got is infected, please let me know the file name and I'll check further.  The actual file name of the installer includes the version number, etc - more like curvemeister3-3.0.5.exe.  If you actually have a file named curvemeister.exe, then it is probably bogus.

Postby -default » Thu May 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi Rick,

I checked the normal download executable, and it is indeed infected with a trojan virus.  Naturally, this is of great concern, and I've deleted the infected file, and am replacing it with a new, uninfected copy, as well as taking other precautions to ensure the safety of the site.

I don't know when or how this happened, but I would like to thank you for reporting the problem as soon as you did.  Please let me know if you have any further comments or questions.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Mike:
Glad to help.  This was driving me bonkers.  I did as you said, cleared the cache, and dumped all instances of the loader (as well as any references in the registry) and re-downloaded the loader again.  I must have downloaded the clean version, because now BitDefender says my PC is clean.  Another satisfied customer!  Thanks for your timely attention to my concerns.

Rick C.

Postby -default » Sat May 03, 2008 3:08 am

Absolutely - and I'd like to thank you for your patience, and for providing such timely information.  I'm working on better protection for the .exe files at the moment, and will make an announcement about what happened after that is done.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”