The PE 3.0.7 installer retains but rejects name and serial number

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.

Postby -default » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:42 pm

Vista is presenting an unusual challenge here.  I'll talk to Greg and see if I understand the folder issue correctly.  Meantime, are two things to try.

Look for a "Filters" folder in your Plug-ins folder that has an extra backslash on the name.  On at least one system, the installer was creating a folder with this name, and putting Curvemeister3e.8bf in that folder instead of the correct "Filters".  If you find this folder, drag the file from "Filters" to "Filters", and delete "Filters", that may fix the problem.

The second thing to try is to use the "Other" option in the installer, and manually find the Filters folder in your Elements installation.

Sorry about the bother - let me know if either of the above two things work and I'll re-do the installer before this affects other Vista folks.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:13 am

Mike,
I tried the Browse to folder option and was still unable to install the plug in. 
After the read only flag on the PS filters folder was removed , I then used the browse to folder option and installed correctly.  I then went back and installed again in the PSE folder same problem.

I think its a Vista installer issue.  I have had a similar problem with other plug ins in PS and PSE.

Greg

Postby -default » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:47 am

Thanks, Greg.  It looks like I have another Vista installation issue.  I bet a lot of plugins are running into this.

So you were able to remove the privileges using the same account that you use when installing?  I wonder if I can just have the installer clear the privs on the Filters folder while installing then.

I really like Vista for all the new programming opportunities it opens up. :-)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 am

LOL....

I think you have to suppress the "Do you really want to do this?? " message. It requires a continue click and they put it in place to prevent programs from installing or modifying the system without permissions.

When you go change the read only flag it asks you if you are sure...  There might be a installer way around it...but Adobe sets the rights on the folder in install...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:26 pm

I did not find a "Filters" folder in my Plug-ins folder that has an extra backslash on the name.

The only directory on drive C: in which I found Curvemeister3.8bf was C:Program FilesCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3

I copied C:Program FilesCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3Curvemeister3.8bf to C:Program FilesAdobePhotoshop Elements 6.0Plug-InsFilters and now CM works.  I did get the popup asking for administrator privileges in order to copy.  I followed the same procedure for PE2, and all is well there, also.

BTW, should I upgrade from PE2 to PE6?  I have no interest in the Organizer functionality - only the editing stuff. 

Thanks, guys!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Well, there are some pretty nifty new tools that came into the program with PSE4. 
The Organizer gets better as well..you might want to look into it and see if there is enough new tools to make the switch...

The user interface changes in 6.0 as well it looks more like lightroom with the dark screen.

Greg

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”