can't copy channel in CM3.0.5

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
BBushe

Postby BBushe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:26 am

Hi Mike, hope you are well!

I've been doing the eclectic academy courses and it's bee very good so far. But I have a problem with the copy channel feature, first in 3.0.1 and now in the 3.0.5 beta. The button is unresponsive and when it does try to copy the copy operation just sits there at 0%. This happens with the dog image from the training course, but is the same with other issues from the course as well (tried it with the tassles and the lanscapes in the week 5 section).

Also if I create a mask should I be able to copy the mask as a channel? ( I can't of course, but not sure if I should be able to!)

I am using win XP64 and PS3

Postby -default » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reporting this.  Several people have encountered this problem, and I've been able to get it to happen with relatively large images - 8 megapixel or so, on the second copy.  I'll be releasing a new beta shortly that purges the clipboard before doing each copy.

This may not address the problem you are seeing, which appears to affect all channel copies, not just the first one.

When copying works, you can copy a mask to the clipboard too.

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 am

thanks for the reply Mike. But I was completely wrong with the first report though. channel copy does work! the copy channel button is not unresponsive. in fact it is so quick it doesn't even open the progress dialog. the only time I got the progress dialog (stuck at 0%) was when I hit the button multiple times quickly in frustration, which was probablyjust overloading some buffer.

However this only seems to work for channels, not masks, though I think I need to try a few things more atm.

cheers,

bb

Postby -default » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Glad you figured out the problem.  I changed the copy command to use the hourglass instead of the progress dialog, since the dialog was not always going away correctly when the copy operation finished.

Copying masks did not get added until v3.0.5.  I'm about to come out with a new beta 3.0.6, so you may want to hold off installing until later, hopefully, today.  To get to the beta area, use Start>Programs>Curvemeister.com>Check for Updates, and then click on the check for betas link.

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:27 am

On reflection, from a workflow point of view I don't need to copy a mask. If I'm coming out of CM with a mask then it doesn't matter if I create it from the mask of from a channel. I will lose any other work I've done in CM but really I am probably going back into CM with the modified mask anyway, so it would be best to wait to do any correction work. for example I just finished off the last weeks work for the class and brought masks from several different channels out, edited them, and went back to cm.

so at the moment I'm happy. I can't copy a mask 'channel' but I don't feel I need to. I need to go and play with masks and smart filters now.

cheers,

bb

Postby -default » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:15 pm

The mask could be useful for other things, for example for a completely different operation in Photoshop and Elements such as an adjustment layer.

I'm putting finishing touches on the next release of Curvemeister, and mask copying should work at that point.

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 pm

ok, I have beta 3.0.7 but it seems to be pretty much the same. I can copy a channel once. If I try to copy another it does not replace the first channel. I still can't copy a mask, even if it's the first one I try.

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:46 pm

going back to something you mentioned earlier, this was a 8MP image, so maybe I should try some smaller images to see if image size is relevant.

Postby -default » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:11 am

Thanks for the info, Brian.  I'll try testing with that size.  If you have the exact dimensions, and whether it's 8 or 16 bit, that will help me zero in and try to reproduce the problem.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”