Pin Mode won't Deactivate

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:19 pm

If I understand the training video correctly on this subject correctly, if you drag a pin onto something like a skin tone and then unlock the pin the curves should reset. Something must not be registering with me, because although I've unlocked the pin the curves do not reset. And of course, if I click on "reset", the pin is removed as well.  I've been through the configuration screens, and can't find anything. Even tried clicking on "reset to factory defaults" without success.

I'm using CM version 3.0.1.0, as an upgrade from 2.1.15.0. The older version is still on my computer, so I tried it. Version 2 works just fine, but version 3 won't release the curves. I'm running CS3 with Windows Vista Ultimate, 64 bit edition. Just wondering if any of that might make a difference. I haven't had many problems but every once in a while the 64 bit version seems to cause a minor twitch in something.

Postby -default » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:47 pm

This is a bug in version 3.0.1 that has been fixed in the beta 3.0.5.  To access the beta, click on Check for Updates in the Curvemeister's Help tab, and then click on the link to the beta page.  I generally don't post the link to the download area here, and will be emailing you the direct link to the page in a few minutes.

If you have visited this particular page before, click the refresh button on your browser to load the new link to the beta area.  When you install v3.0.5, click "no" when it asks if you should remove the old version.

I apologize for your having to rediscover the bug on your own, and I plan to do a new release soon (fingers crossed).

Mike

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Mike,

Thanks, that turned out to be an easy fix.  I'm taking the CM course from the Eclectic Academy and ran across this problem.  Greg suggested I post the problem here and he was right.  Been using CM for quite a while and thought that some lessons might help me out with the finer points.  I like it all.  Thanks again.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”