Histogram display

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Mike,

I've just (at last) worked out why I'm having trouble seeing my curves in cm3 compared to cm2.  The cm3 histogram display (and diagonal line?) is shown in a lighter shade of grey than cm2 and so (marked) points are harder to see.  This is especially true when the wee circle is within the grey histogram area.

Am I missing something?
Chris

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:06 pm

Hey Zog...

I think Mike is flying over the pacific right now but I'll take a stab at the question.

The histogram is lighter yes...but with the advent of the "worm" you are not seeing a single point anyways.  When you pin a single point you might ave a harder time seeing it against the histogram background when the color is light or simular to the histogram in tone.  There was a lot of discussion about this early on and the number of times we saw it was less and less as we got familuar with using the worms...

Hope this helps..Mike will probably chime in after a few days when he gets to Cambodia.

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:42 am

Actually I have a good connection in my hotel in Taipei.  Tomorrow may be a different story.  Chris is correct that the histogram is lighter.  I was not aware that this made things harder to see, but will check it out.  Greg is correct that worms are used now, and they may be less visible in some situations.  For example, a light gray worm against light gray will be practically invisible because there is no black outline, as there was with the circular dot in Curvermeister 2.  Is this what you're seeing, Chris?  Possibly I could outline the worm, or add a shadow or glow effect to make them more visible.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 am

No I've had no problem seeing the worms Mike, it is the little circle when I mark a point on the curve that I sometimes cant see.  I've never had this problem with cm2 (and did a comparison with the same image, which is when I worked out the grey change etc.).  There is the fact that I'm running at pretty hi-res and my sight is slowly failing me that I think doesnt help.  It is the contrast I think, unless you have altered the size of the circles, that is giving me problems.

Still dont bother about it now - just enjoy your visit.
Chris

Postby -default » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience.  At the moment I'd just like to make sure I understand the problem and can think about how to solve it.  It is a valid concern that the worms might be less visible in some situations.  I've found that when one person mentions something as a slight problem, there are a dozen who just live with it, without mentioning it.  So your feedback is much appreciated. 

Marking will display either a worm or a CM2-style outlined circle, depending on whether there is a range variation or not.  So with a 1x1 sample size, everything is displayed as a circle.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Thanks Mike, I'm absolutely fine with the worm visibility - it is the marked (circle) points on the curves I find difficult to see.

Here are two images, showing one moving point and another marked one (in lab L) - In the cm3 one I can barely see the 2nd (lower) one as it blends into the histogram.
cm2.gif

cm3.gif

I really hope you dont tell me it is fine on your monitor (!!) - I know mine is a bit old, but it is Huey calibrated.

Chris

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:21 pm

Mike,

Could you make the selected points black??

I can see the mark in lower but he's right it's tough...

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Glad to hear your screen and eyes are as bad as mine Greg!
Cheers
Chris

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 pm

ahhh age...

It brings many things...including bad eyesight...

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Mike,
Can I addd that the background makes skin tones really hard to see with the worm.
Working on a baby and the light skin tones are really invisible.

Greg

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”