Pin files in CM3

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi Mike,

I continue to be amazed at CM3.  Love it!

It has been quite a while since I did any pin file editing (skin tones and skies are about all I need) but I did want to play around a bit with pins in CM3 in working through the Help files.  Surprisingly, I found the Modify Pins command goes to the Swatches folder, not the Pin Library folder as one would expect, to find pin text files.  Also, in my CM3 installation, I have Goodies folders under both Swatches and under Library->PinLibrary.  Both Goodies folders contain all the same pin text files.  Reason?  I did have to remove the "Read Only" attribute on the Swatches folder and subfolders.  CM3 then finds pin text files located in the Swatches folder.  Could be confusing.

Postby -default » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Mike,

Thanks - this looks like an installer issue. I'll see about fixing this in the next version.

I need to do more documentation on using pins, both by myself and others. I'm also hoping the Wiki will attract some articles with individual experiences.  Other than "memory colors": skies, foliage, skin tones, there is a realm of shadows and highlights with different "threshold" settings, warm and cool neutrals.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Beyond that mike..I find I cannot edit the pin files after setting the attribute to turn off the read only settings.  I cannot even edit it in notepad outside of Curvemeister.  I did open the file in CM3 and edit it..I added and deleted pins...then I went to exit and got the attached Print Screen...

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”