Week 1 Link

This forum is for the 201 Class preview testers and discussion.
imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks Greg, yes I can see 201 is going to be more than a plate full. Its ok to discuss some of the irrelevant things outside of 201. Thanks again

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:33 am

Hi
Finally finished with my students and can return to normal working hours.
I will try the ring around assignment over this weekend. Its a long weekend and I just might need that third day!
I feel confident I can follow the instructions for adjusting the image.
I really am more worried about how I arrange the images to print them like you suggest.
If it all gets too hard I will just print separately and arrange them on a page with glue.
Wont be the most elegant solution but it should work.

Julie

PS Going to New York in March for a week to attend a conference and do a bit of sight seeing
I will really get to see if my correction of the statue of liberty in CM101 was correct!!

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:46 am

Julie, are you unsure as to how to arange the images around the centre one?  Sorry if I repeat things you know. I use Photoshop CS6 and will do it as follows:
1. Open your image you want to use.
2. Open a blank layer (Ctrl +N or under File>New) I've made mine 10x12, background white and enter.
3. Go back to your first image, (ctrl+A) to select all, then (ctrl+C) to copy it.
4. Open your new blank "image" and (Ctrl+V) to paste the first image into it. This will now be on a second layer above. I then resize this image (Ctrl+T or Edit>Free Transform ) so that I would be able to fit 6 images around the centre one.  You can nou duplicate layers from this centre one (Ctrl+J) and move them into the position you want. Name each of these layers, ie Green, Red etc. so that you do not get confused.
5. Now you can select them one by one  and do your mod on it in CM.
Hope this is helpful and sorry if this is too basic  :)
Regards

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:53 am

Hi Ganna
Absolutely not too basic.
thanks
I will be trying this weekend

Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:44 pm

That is how I see it Ganna...Great Job relating it to Julie.

I'm nearly ready to give you guys "week2".  I't might be another week or 2 is that ok?

Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Greg,thanks, do I see grey hair because of us :D

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Whats hair to those of us who have none...LOL. 

No the challenge is in the video department.  It took most of the day yesterday to make a video for week 2.  It's more me than the process.  I want them to be clear and concise.  That can be a challenge.

I almost always forget one thing that can make or break the process and then I have to go back and re-do...

Sigh...Getting there

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK... ;D ;D ;D

Greg

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:22 am

We deeply appreciate what you're doing.  Invaluable!

Art

dazza17

Postby dazza17 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:24 am

Re:Week 1 : Spot the difference
I downloaded both images and opened them in widows preview and went back and forth between the 2 with the arrow keys and it took me under 30 seconds to find them all. I think I have inadvertently cheated as all I looked for was changed in colour tone etc. I missed the evaluation you are trying to simulate from the doctors surgery waiting room. So be wary of or avoid people doing my method of comparison.
Cheers Daryl

dazza17

Postby dazza17 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:29 am

re Assignment: Time to begin Seeing.
Hi Greg.

Regarding this assignment I notice reading through all the forum comment that this one has not been mentioned.
Not sure what that means if people will skip it or are missing the point or is it too time intensive.
I am about to do the process but it may need some examples of what to object to observe.
eg:

• A bowl of fruit

• Ipod

• Piece of furniture

Would you consider these thing :

• An entire room

• Landscape or street scene.

• Piece of art

• Design of a book cover
  •  
  • Design of a website.

As I have a background in art this assignment is close to what we did in art school nearly every day, but without the concern for making the marks on paper to draw a representation of the object.
I feel if students are spending an hour looking at something they would want to output, in some form, their analysis.
This output or findings is also helpful to look back on and repeat later maybe.

Cheers Daryl

Return to “CM201 Beta Testers”