Feedback??

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:04 am

I hate to be a pest but we really could use some feedback both positive or negative regarding the latest beta build and any questions or suggestions you might have...

Thanks for your time on this...

Greg

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Greg,

I have used it just a bit within CS6 64-bit with no problems.  I haven't had time to really wring it out, but it seems totally stable.  I'll try to wring the changes out after I get out from under my high school class reunion planning demands.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks...We want to roll it out to the public but we don't want any gotchas

Greg

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 am

The long standing bug, where CM breaks functionality of PS's move and selection tools, appears to have been fixed. That was the reason I stopped using CM, and is therefore a very welcome improvement. News of the curve-effect-fader is also extremely welcome - I asked for that many times. So I'll see if I can pick CM up again. I've not used it for a couple of years so I'm pretty much starting from scratch. :o}

I spent all of 2 mins looking at it yesterday and noticed a slider labelled something like "GCR". No idea what that might stand for. Also, the default user interface layout looked a bit of a dog's breakfast. Is it worth spending some time trying to make the GUI's default starting position a bit more friendly?

I'll see if I can spend an hour with it over the next day or two.

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 am

A couple of quirks.

The f1 key does not go to the help wiki.  You can access the help in other ways, but not the f1 key.

The Ribbon bar needs control f1 to activate.  There should be a button when the ribbon bar is inactive.  Control F1 is a little obscure and not a big deal.

copy channel on the ribbon bar works only when a mask is applied and it is selected.  Is that the functionality you want?

Please note that there is "new pin" in the middle of the channel selection bar.

I will work on this more later. 

Attachments
screenshot006-jpg
screenshot006-jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 13214 times

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:03 pm

A few enhancements.

Since you can see the background, can you add blend mode?  Normal, color, and luminosity?? On exit it could change the blend mode in the layer of PS.

(I don't think I need or want this, but for completeness) Can you add a fade to the mask?

Masks:  A common request of Mike is painting on the mask.  It sounds simple, but would be difficult.  You can copy the mask, disable the mask, apply, then make a mask, paste the channel and paint.  That works.

How about:  apply special.  It would copy the mask, disable the mask, apply the curves.  A macro in photoshop could - open mask, paste channel,set up default colors and brush.

By the way,  invert curve does not seem to work.

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:49 am

Hi Greg
Ready to go but when I went to the forum page the top topic, i think it says "if you are new" refers to a password and serial number. How do I get these?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 pm

is the program installed on your PC?  If so and you have access to the forum then you are good to go...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Didn't try to install as I wanted to use curvemeister and I was concerned without password and serial no I wouldn't be able to. Will do it tonight

Julie

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”