Elements version 3.2.5 available for download

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 am

This "elements only" version works with Elements 9, and I believe it also addresses the installer issues that have been reported.  I was not able to re-create Frits's blank screen for certain zoom settings.
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/

Version 3.2.5 also eliminates the "registry cross-talk", where the various configurations of Curvemeister (elements, debug, and the 32 bit and 64 bit full versions) shared registry settings.  The installer also clears registry settings by default.

If you get a chance to try this version, I would appreciate your comments here.  I want to make this the official, shipping version as soon as possible.

Mike

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm

So Far So Good.

Install was clean, It found the directory, It installed and ran without the nagging error that I have been getting...
I was able to do some basic items with the build and so far it appears stable..

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:44 am

Win7 64 Bit OS with PSE9 works quite well so far...

What else did you fix??

Greg

Postby -default » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 am

The main change was to the startup code ot work with Elements 9. 
I also put up a firewall between the various configs of Curvemeister, to minimize future registry conflicts.

*If* we have truly got a stable release, it's time to start adding features for Curvemeister 4, which will really make the beta page interesting.  I'm thinking, though, of adding a little something to Curvemeister 3 in the way of features.  Maybe a config screen that lets you look at and modify the pin folders - or is there something else a little more interesting, and not to hard to add?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Mike,
This continues to be pretty stable for me...I guess we could see if Fritz is stable...Are there any PSE only users out there trying this out that you know of??

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”