version 3.2.3 is ready

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.Installation went OK except this still happens when I try to set a highlight in RGB.This started several versions back and resists every uninstall,install.The red channel just goes haywire,any ideas?GregM

Wow.  Haven't seen this one before.  My first guess would be that the highlight pin is misconfigured.  Click on the wrench icon to go into settings, then click on the Preview tab, and there will be a value for the highlight, which should be something like RGB(255,255,255). 

If that's not it, I'd suggest resetting your prefs using regedit, or we can set up a remote support session where I access your computer.
Attachments
cmsettings-png
cmsettings-png (33.2 KiB) Viewed 13614 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 am

I'm using version 3.0.1.0  I have never had any problems with it and I don't plan on upgrading.....ever. :D

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:41 am

Bit off on that RGB hightlight  target.Thing is that I didn't enter settings for new 3.2 install,they're lurking somewhere in my computer and resisted each uninstall/install cycle for PSE and CS4.Thanks GregM
Attachments
fungrgb-jpg
fungrgb-jpg (232.58 KiB) Viewed 13614 times

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 am

BTW - are you using XP or earlier?

WindowsXP on a 32 bit system.

Postby -default » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Bit off on that RGB hightlight  target.Thing is that I didn't enter settings for new 3.2 install,they're lurking somewhere in my computer and resisted each uninstall/install cycle for PSE and CS4.Thanks GregM

RGB(251,251,251), which it looks like you were intending to use, is probably a better target value, since it will give you a little more headroom in the highlights.

It's obviously easy to make an error here, and hard to get rid of.  I've added this as a bug to the database, and it will be fixed in a future version, and will consider adding another option to reset preferences during installation, which would have also given you a way out of the problems like this one.

BTW - I'm considering moving this thread, and other 2.3.2 related discussion, to the beta board.  If any of you would prefer to concentrate on the class, and NOT be members of the beta group, please let me know, either in this thread, or by emailing me at mike@curvemeister.com.

Postby -default » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Version 3.2.4 is now available.  I think it addresses all the problems mentioned in this thread.
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php/topic,3223

I'll be moving this thread to the beta board soon - if you are interested in beta discussion, please click on to verify that you now have access to that board.

Thanks to all who tried the new version and reported problems!

Mike

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks, got it. 

A suggestion.  In your readme of the install, you could put a permanent link to file with known problems, workarounds, and installation tips.  You could or not include the beta versions.  You might not have to go back far.

If you do not have time, you could find a volunteer.

Postby -default » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm

That's an excellent idea, Steve.  Thanks.

If you're willing to volunteer, I'd appreciate it very much.  As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of ways to include more revision information in the installer notes, and to consolidate it with the web page.  My leaning right now is to go to a pure text file, listing each version, workarounds, etc, and include that on the download page, as well as in the installer notes.

FYI, Here's what it says now:

Thank you for your purchase
of
Curvemeister Version 3

Your license entitles you to install Curvemeister on any computers on which you are the primary user.  This arrangement is based on trust of you, the customer.  No product registration is used.
--
Your serial number may be used for once-only discount prices for curvemeister products and upgrades.
--
Keep your serial number in a safe place and please don't share it with others.

www.Curvemeister.com
Lost your serial number, or have a question?
email support@Curvemeister.com

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 am

Mike,
The installer does not see PSE 9.  I selected it as a secondary install.  I will be testing it soon.
BTW the install went smooth and so far My 32 bit version appears to be functional and stable.

You know we'll find the buggies....

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 am

Buggies is what we want.  I'm downloading my copy of PSE9 shortly and - fingers crossed - should have something on the air soon.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”