64 Bit 3.0.18 Installed Correctly WOO HOOO!!!!!

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 am

This is probably a good time to back up and review the current situation re getting 64 bit Curvemeister running.

3.0.16 is unfortunately no longer available because of the beta expiration date.  Due to vista issues, and the code changes for 64 bit, the beta has taken much longer than anticipated. 

The current 64 bit beta, 3.0.18, will work if you also install the visual studio redistributables (software provided by Microsoft for redistribution in cases like this).  The link for Curvemeister itself, and the redistributables, is on the beta page, located here:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/64bit.htm

Once you have installed the redistributables, there should be, as Greg said, no need to install them again.  So, for example, you should be able to download the 64 bit beta 3.0.18, install it, and run curvemeister in 64 bit Photoshop.

I'm working on a new release, 3.0.20, which includes the redistributables, and an updated version of Visual Studio (the software that I use to develop Curvemeister), and the crash report software.  There are some glitches with getting this to build at the moment.  Once that is sorted out, hopefully in the next few hours before Jack Baur is on, I will post an announcement here sayiing that it is available.

Whew - I hope this covers it.  I apologize for any inconvenience, and I would like to thank those of you who have taken some lumps to get 64 bit on track.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 am

Thickness is allowed...

Once you have the re-distributables loaded on your system they need not be loaded again. 

Just get the latest version of the 64 bit CM plugin and install with the user account control turned off.  When Mike has finished his process will most likely look for the VC files and if they exist it will move onto the install.  If they do not exist you you most likely will be given a choice to load them or stop the install.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks Mike and Greg.  I appeciate the support!!

Postby -default » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 am

You're more than welcome, Brian.

The new version of the installer will include the VC files - what's another few megabytes among friends.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 am

Hi Mike and Greg:

Just wanted to check in to report a near flawless installation of 64 bit 3.0.18 on Win 7 64 bit.  Good job Mike!!  The only minor glitch was that the installer reported that it could not uninstall all of the components of the previous install.  But I just did a quick test and CM seems to be working just fine.  I let you know if I run across any bugs (but I have my fingers crossed).

Thanks,

Brian

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”