Beta 3.0.13 - 64 bit support

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Mike,

I got the file downloaded and installed, but have the same problem as LUC, I think.  On installation, it never did ask for any password, but did want my serial number.  I provided that as requested, and although I've hidden it here, attached is a screenshot of the "about" screen, see "untitled-2.jpg".  During installation, got the message shown in "untitled-1.jpg".  I selected "continue" and installation seemed to go OK, even received a message at the end that installation was successful.

But, every time I run Curvemeister, it starts but the Curves don't show up and CS4 crashes if you try to click on anything.

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Holde the bus, Mike.  Maybe I just didn't wait long enough for everything to finish installing.  Noticed my hard drive was running pretty hard.  It quieted down and I just went back again and found that the program is now running fine.  Will check it out some more tomorrow.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Postby -default » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks for the detailed report, John.  The screen shots are very helpful.  Something is a going on with the serial number that I can't explain.  I'll be releasing beta 3.0.14 very soon.

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Sorry, I posted the same screen shot twice.  Here is the one showing the original installation message.

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Mike,

I'm having trouble getting pin files to load.  At first the beta showed no pin files at all.  After re-loading the latest 32 bit version into the 32 bit CS4, the default pin files for Nature and People do now show up in the 64 bit version as well.

But, I can't get the beta to load a new pin file.  I've tried a couple of different ones, both of which open in the 32 bit version, but when I try to open them in the 64 bit beta causes CS4 to crash.

Postby -default » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 am

John,

Sorry about the delay responding to this problem.  I haven't reproduced this yet, but if you can send me the pin file that you are using I will try to recreate the problem.

Mike

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Mike,

I've tried a couple of different pin files, both from the Forum.  They are attached for you, but as I said previously they work fine in the 32 bit version. 

Postby -default » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks for the additonal info, and for the pin files.  I should be able to recreate the problem this weekend, when I get back from my current sojourn to LA.

jrowell

Postby jrowell » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Mike,

Curvemeister will no longer start, as I get a dialog box saying that the beta time period has expired.  Tried removing and reinstalling and supplied my registration name and number when prompted.  Clicking continue (see attached screenshot) results with a "successful installation", but again it won't run because the beta time period has expired.  Also notice that if you check the plugin information for CM from help->plugins it brings up the registration screen with my correct registration number, but it didn't pick up the correct username.

Postby -default » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:09 am

My apologies.  The original 64 bit beta has indeed expired.  I will put up a new version ASAP, later tonight.

I can't explain all the behavior that you are seeing, so there may be additional issues after I provide the new beta.

Mike

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”