Suggested Neutral...

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Mike,
Would it be possible for CM to propose a "Neutral"  Based on LAB or RGB values in the image??

Or

Highlight areas that are close to "Neutral" as a part of the Wizard???

Greg

Postby -default » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 am

It's technically possible.  The big problem that I have is that it's reverse logic -- using the numbers to tell where a neutral is instead of knowing that an object is neutral, then removing the color cast from it.  An automated neutral finder might highlight areas that should not be gray at all.

Another approach, though, would be to highlight areas that are reasonably close to a particular pin - skin tones for example - using that feature in connection with a neutral would give the functionality that you are describing.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:23 am

I was just thinking about how often we hear about not knowing what should be neutral...I was trying to think of a way the the wizard could help train people...

Hmmm maybe a neutral training assignment??

Greg

Postby -default » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:02 am

Hmm - I like it.  Sort of a Monty Python "Can you spot the neutral" video, with multiple choice questions, followed by the answers.  I think my video capture software might be able to do exactly that.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 am

Spot the looney??  I love that one...

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”