Beta 3.0.10

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Greetings Beta testers!

Beta 3.0.10 is available for testing.  Right now there is an issue with whether the installer copies the plugin correctly to the Filters folder - if you could give the installer a quick try and verify that the correct version number appears in Curvemeister's window banner, that would be most appreciated.

You can access the new version by using Start>Programs>Curvemeister.com>AutoUpdate (thus testing the auto updater too), or by downloading the beta from the usual location:

http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/ (press F5 if version 3.0.10 does not show up)

Please let me know if you'd like to be removed from this list.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:26 am

Hi Mike, the installer did fine, and 3.0.10 is in the window banner. I tried the auto updater first though, and that didn't work. If you need more info about that, I can try again and take a screen shot of the dialog box, but I think it said the url may be invalid and/or the internet connection wasn't there.
Gloria

Postby -default » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:57 am

Hi Gloria - good to hear from you again.  Thanks for the heads up re the autoupdater.  I would actually be interested in whether the AutoUpdater still gives an error.  This may have changed now that you are upgraded - if that's the case let me know and I'll back off to 3.0.8 and see if I can get the problem to happen.

The AutoUpdater normally looks like the attached screen shot.

I haven't made a list yet.  There are quite a number of changes in version 3.0.10, including the requested mask / no mask toggle, and other small features.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:58 pm

It still does the same thing, and I hope you can see my attached screenshot better than I can see your invisible one. This is the kind of prank I would expect more from Greg...

I am really happy about the mask/no mask toggle. I think it is a huge improvement and I love seeing precisely how the mask is effecting the specific areas within the image. Seems to me this will be a great help in explaining just how masks work, as well.
...but there is one thing:) The shortcut is only working sporadically for me. Clicking on the icon works every time, but the shortcut gives me a bong nearly half the time. Here's one time I get a consistent 'bong'—if the shortcut is working and I then modify a curve in one of the windows, and try the shortcut again, no dice.

Gloria

Postby -default » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:37 am

Oops - if I had a nickel for every time I forgot the enclosure.  I added the screen shot.

Back to the error you are reporting - very interesting.  The updater seems to want to update itself, and can't access the main site.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”