Smart Filter oddities

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi Mike:

I am running 3.0.8 and I cant get the Smart Filter to work the way I think it should.  I would think the curves I used would appear when I double-click the Curvemeister Smart Object, but the curves all reset and I have to then go and "Load Previous Curve."

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the way it is?

-- Russ 

Postby -default » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi Russ,

Click on the yellow scroll icon in the upper right corner of the window and your curves will appear when you open the Smart filter.  You can do this either when you first apply the curves, or after you open the smart filter.  Curvemeister will remember this setting, so you only need to do this once.

This is not in the manual yet, so no wonder you didn't find it.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Thanks, Mike.  The yellow scroll does recall the curves, but it doesn't seem to be "sticky," i.e. I have to click it for each image. 

This is certainly not a biggie, and the single click is better than having to go to the menu, but it would be nice if I could make the setting stick.

-- Russ 

Postby -default » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:07 am

I should have said the setting is sticky for each image. 

I agree it would be better to not have to click on the scroll.  Curvemeister cannot tell whether it is being invoked by a smart filter or not, and you have to give it a "hint" by clicking on the scroll.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”