Test Polling message

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:02 am

I didn't realize there were a couple of tests with negative numbers. I'm switching to -5, sanity clause or no Santa Claus.

PS. Mike, could you pull yourself together and tell me what delta E and standard deviation statistics could do for me? Not only do I want to know this, but it would give some justification for this unwound thread.

Postby -default » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:33 am

Delta E and standard deviation are ways to measure how close two colors are, and how noisy an image is.  They are for calibrating equipment or analyzing the sharpness of an optical system. 

Nitty gritty: you could see how closely you are matching the colors of a MacBeth Color Checker, or the resolution an optical system using the MTF, a function based on standard deviation.

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:57 am

I see "Remove vote"  next to number 7. Is that for Robert Mugabe?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:21 pm

I might be... ;)

We really cannot disclose the true reasons for this little un-wound thread at this time.
Just trust us to take your vote, particiaption and next of kin. 

The true meaning of this vote really relys upon your co-operation and submission. 

We will determine what is best for you and for our bottom line...you can rest assured that we have your best interests at heart and will always take good care of your and your families.

Sincerely

The Curvemeister Admin Team
(Mike, I just borrowed your septer for a minute, I'll give it back after it has been refurbished a little...sorta...)

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:19 pm

I admit that this looked harmless enough at first. The red flags went up when Mike mentioned how nervous the other numbers were getting. Now it looks like my first-born is on the line. And Mugabe? This is all very,very ominous.

Mike is it possible for you to give me total control of the polling? I think it would be really cool to just be able to remove all votes with one button, or better yet, control each test individually. Perhaps with a red herring icon.

Thanks,
Gloria

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:54 pm

If we gave you control of the voting you might take over the forum and put up all kinds of resistance...
We cannot have that...

Next there will be independent varification of the internal workings of the processes used here..
Unacceptable...totally unacceptable...

The real reason for the test voting is that we are thinking of changing the CM challenge and are looking for a rating system.  There is more but I don't want to let any cats roam out of their bags..I keep them full secured...or at least I try to.

Mike, I think we have beaten this one firmly into the dust....What do you think?  would polling work???

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Well, I just changed my vote to #1, breaking the tie between 1 and 7.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Potstiring...Party of One...Potstiring...

G

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:17 pm

I'd be careful,Ganna,remove vote can easily become remove voter.P.S.How's that giraff in your backyard,learned alot from that photo.GregM

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:34 pm

I don't think we would do that unless you tried to take over...then all bets are off.

Greg  ;D

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”