...but I would like to hide mask effects

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Mike, I'm sure way back in the archives there is discussion about turning off the mask interface in the curves window, but I can't find it after a quick search.

I use or at least look at masks on every image I work on in CM. When I get to the point of fine-tuning the mask, I really want to turn it on and off, like the compare button, to check the effectiveness of my adjustment. I can switch from none to mask in the toolbar, but it isn't nearly as easy as perhaps an alt-click in the mask interface...I guess I'm used to the preview buttons in PS and I feel my way through images with this ability to judge changes easily. Just wondering. and I am aware that this idea may have been rejected already for reasons that hibernation as obliterated.

Postby -default » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 pm

One idea would be to tie the mask on/off toggle to a keyboard shortcut.  This is done by clicking on the little triangle on the right end of the toolbar, and opening the customize dialog.  (See pic).

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:45 pm

That would be perfect if no mask: "none" were a toggle. But it isn't for me, at least? Alt-M turns the mask off, period. And Ctrl-Z won't bring me back to the mask: I remain unmasked, Kemosabe.

Postby -default » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Yes, I see what you mean.  It's on the list, so if it's easy to do the next beta will have it.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”