mask carte

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:15 am

Hi Mike,

My mask carte command isn't opening my mask carte. The icon doesn't do anything, and the menu drop-down doesn't respond, either. If I do not have a mask selected, the white mask (show mask channel in preview window) does bring up the carte. Otherwise I can't get to it.

Also, is there something I have forgotten or don't know about that would enable me to temporarily hide the curves window, like the Tab key does in PS? And maybe you're going to think I just woke up from a long sleep, but what's the little yellow icon in the upper right corner of the curves window? It can't/won't talk to me:).

Gloria

Postby -default » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:08 am

Hi Gloria!  We've all been hibernating, now it's spring and then some, LOL.

It sounds like the mask carte is lost somewhere off screen.  This could happen if you reconfigure a system with two screens.  Whatever the reason, you can completely reset the layout by going into regedit and clearing out the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareCurvemeister.comCurvemeister3

If you want to just reset the docking panes, and keep your custom toolbar options, try resetting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareCurvemeister.comCurvemeister3DockingPaneLayouts

I thought I had a good answer for you, re hiding the curves window, but it looks like I removed that option altogether!  If I remember my reasoning, I probably wanted to avoid confusing people.  OTOH, if this is something you really want for screen real estate, I'll put it back if you want.

The yellow icon causes the initial curve to be pre-loaded.  It is used for Smart Filter support, or for loading the curves initially for an action that displays the CM window.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Thanks. The mask carte was indeed hovering somewhere in the ether. It is now back where I can see it thanks to your directions.

As for the curves window, I am sure you're right about confusing people. I occasionally hit the tab key out of PS habit; it is never critical by any measure.

I'll have to think about pre-loading a curve. Pre-loading a curve reminds me of George Carlin's "pre-boarding" an airline flight--"getting on before you get on"...but loading a curve for an action is not entirely out of range of my experience:) Thanks for clarifying the yellow icon.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”