Smart Filters Bug

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:22 pm

Mike,

I tried this out because well I can.....LOL

Here is what I did.  I opened an Image, Created a copy of the background, Converted Both to Smart Objects, Opened CM on both and made adjustments.  (Shot 1) The I went for Broke to see what options I had access to...(Shot2) I right clicked on the CM part of the Smart Filter and chose the edit blending options. 

The screen "Flashed" the CM program to the front for less than 1 second.  Then it went back to the PS desktop.  The program was locked up, could not be recovered.  I had a mouse but the program would not respond to any input.

No error Messages.
No mouse clicks could get me out of it. 
I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to start over.

Postby -default » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Nice one, Greg.  I'll be cracking open Smart filters "soon", and will take a look at this one.  I think I may see where you are going with the blending options, and it could be of great interest.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 am

Thanks..I thought so too...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 pm

I wasn't sure what you were up to until I tried this, WonderGreg. And it worked fine for me, and was incredibly cool as well. I may have done something a little differently; I made two background copies, converted them both to smart objects, modified them in CM, went back into PS and selected edit blending options on the CM smart filter. From there I changed one filter to burn, another to luminosity. Then I went to the layer blending mode of the top layer and adjusted the sliders a little. It all worked as one would hope:)

Very interesting. I will definitely be keeping this in mind.

G

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:44 pm

That is exactly where I was headed....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Greg/Georgie, sorry about that. At first, I thought maybe you had to leave a background layer intact, but I then tried it exactly as you set it up, and it still worked fine. How 'bout you be the brains, and we will try to follow through in practice? Don't know quite where that leaves you, Mike... I guess the genie in the bottle.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow that is an old nickname....

Grandma is that you?? 

I did that quick and dirty...You could preserve the background layer if you wanted to just to be safe...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”