Contrast Pin drops off the curve when you move both points.

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Mike,

In 3.0.5 when you set a contrast pin and move both points if one of them hits the edge of the curve window it drops off and you are left with a single control point....

Needless to say this will frustrate people that have set the control points manually and then adjust the curve.  You lose all your adjustments...

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 am

Yes, I see your point.  If you want the point back, you can retrieve it two different ways.  One is to drag back into the graph until the point re-appears, or hit ctrl-Z to get your original curve back again.  Photoshop is the same way.  If you can think of another way to safeguard things better, let me know.

I lost a control point that way in one of the hint videos this week- the first Takora Gorge image with the white boulders.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 pm

I tried the drag it back but on mine it did not re-appear... ???  Ctrl z is a good idea...I'll try that...

As for preserving it..Could you keep it on the grid unless it is under the mouse?  i.e. if you have then both selected but the other point is running the show under a mouse click other selected points stay on the grid.  I would want to be able to throw it away but only if i intend to...Especially with that particular move.

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 pm

This duplicates the way Photoshop works, so I think it would cause more confusion to change the default behavior.  Maybe I could arrange a modifier key, or some other way to get what you want.

Re dragging the points back, once you let go of the mouse, the points are gone.  Otherwise, during the drag, the points will all come back if you move the mouse back where it was.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 pm

You know what..I was so suprised by the action I let go....I'll try it again...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”