Update soon?

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:41 am

I appreciate a lot of focus has been moved to the new classes and other places within the CM empire, but it's been a long time since the last software update. Over 2 months....

I'm still working around the crash caused by images-with-selections, and HSN in wgCMYK mode is still completely broken. Is an update due any time soon?

Postby -default » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 am

Hi Derek,

You're right - I've been focusing on other things, mainly the classes.

Neither of the bugs you mention rings a bell.  I just tried Hue, Saturation, and Neutral in wgCMYK and they operated normally - with the caveat that the shadow point does not switch to a true threshold mode.

If you can give me a simple example of the images-with-selections crash, I'd appreciate it.

If this is asking for repeated information, I apologize.

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi Derek,

You're right - I've been focusing on other things, mainly the classes.

Neither of the bugs you mention rings a bell.  I just tried Hue, Saturation, and Neutral in wgCMYK and they operated normally - with the caveat that the shadow point does not switch to a true threshold mode.

If you can give me a simple example of the images-with-selections crash, I'd appreciate it.

If this is asking for repeated information, I apologize.

The images with selection crash was discussed here:

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=1418.0

It wasn't actually identified as such in that thread, I quickly spotted the pattern: if a selection is made when CM is run, there's a good chance of the whole lot going down. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it's totally repeatable. I didn't get as far as pinning down exactly when it'll happen: I just use CM without selections now, which can be inconvenient.

The wgCMYK problem is demonstrated by the 2 attached images. The first shows what happens when a highlight and shadow point are applied and wgCMYK is then selected. The second the same process in Lab mode. Bulldoggie reported this under his "CMYK not working" thread which you concluded by saying you could reproduce it.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”