Mask Carte - button not working?

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:17 pm

I've been away from CM for a couple of weeks, and have just got v3.0.0.4 up and running. There is talk in the forums about the new Mask Carte being wonderful, but it's not working for me. The Mask Carte button appears to be the one with 2 masks, a black one above a white one. When I click this, from any of the places it appears in the GUI, nothing happens. The only way for me to see the masks channels is for me to hit the single mask icon next to the Set Mask menu dropdown. That's as it always was...

I've a feeling I'm missing something...

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Wow. I was trying to modify this post, but better just start over.

I mentioned that the mask carte button wasn't working, earlier, but I thought it was just one of those things that was getting attended to eventually. I was happily distracted by the new functions of the masks,: I have been playing with that alot today. However, I just downloaded the attachment from Mike, and I'm seeing a completely different layout. So everything I posted today is highly suspect until I check it out again.

Btw, Mike,  I did say to replace the toolbar layout when I installed the latest version.

Gloria

Postby -default » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:26 am

Hi Derek,

This sounds like a registry issue that I ran into during development, and had hoped would not affect you.  The fix, for now, is to delete all the layout related registry settings.  These are under the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareCurvemeister.comCurvemeister3

I've also included my own .reg settings for this folder, so you have the option of importing them instead of deleting your own. 

Is it possible that you clicked "No" when you were asked if you wanted the new toolbar layout to be used?  I had thought this was harmless, but it may be required to make the carte show up.  Obviously I need to find a way for this to work for regular customers, perhaps by deleting the existing registry settings during installation.

Mike

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:32 am

Is it possible that you clicked "No" when you were asked if you wanted the new toolbar layout to be used?

No, I always say yes to get the new toolbar layout.

I've whacked the registry settings and that's fixed it. Now I can see what people are talking about. :)

Postby -default » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:34 am

Valuable information.  It means I need to reset the registry prefs in the installer for people to see the mask carte.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”