black and white conversions

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Mike,
I hate assign things...lol 

But this is sounding like a Curevemesister Wikli article as well....
I have been trying to follow this but without CS I am at a loss...I bet this would look great with print screens and circles and arrows and a paragraph for each one....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:53 pm

Nevermind, missunderstanding on my part.

Sure, H, blame it on you--that was my bad.

Here's what I'm seeing in the view/proof setup dialog, and in PS after Gray Gamma 2.2 is selected.

Howie, it looks like that's what you're supposed to be seeing, three accurate-looking b/w channels, which can be seen and manipulated by CM, as if they were rgb channels, which indeed they are:)

Wait a minute--I can do this,too. I think. CS3 supports soft proofing in the printing dialog where CS2 doesn't, but we aren't printing...

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:07 pm

I've got to get out of here:)
This works for me on CS2, at least to some extent. I'll get back to it.

Greg, I think your Wiki alert goes off whenever you see a lot of words--I think this would make a better comic book.

I love Alice's Restaurant.

Postby -default » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Re the "Internal HiBit" check box that Howie mentioned.  It turns out that this is visible only on "my" system, though it is documented in the manual, and I intended it to be available to everyone.  I've changed this for the next release.

For the current version, run the attached .reg file to make this, and other commands that I use for debugging available.  I believe these commands are in the settings ribbon.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Gloria,

I really hate to pound on the Wiki thing but having helped teach the CM classes has given me a new and profound respect for the things I can learn from others who have different skill sets and prospectives on the PS process.  I find this topic to be right up the alley of a lot of users and hope we do not lose interest in this without documenting this thread.  Without CS I cannot yet do this or I in fact would...  So I am left to beg for Wiki Articles....

Alms for the poor... Articles for the Wiki....Alms for the poor...Articles for the Wiki....
Or maybe ....
Will Wiki for food....naaa...To far on that one...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:34 am

What are alms, actually? Two things, Greg... well three: First of all, I will really try to document this for a Wiki article when it all comes together. I'm not going to lose interest: this has been bugging me since about 6 months BC (before curvemeister).
Second and third, I started laughing in my car today (again, alone) thinking about you saying Grandma...is that you. That got me pretty good. Also, do you realize, as your grandmother no doubt did, that if you move the last "g" from your first name to your last name, right after the "e", and start reading backwords, it spells George. So, honest mistake.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 am

wow..that almost makes sense...

ROFLMAO....

I think Alms are actually...comfort...give comfort to the poor...I think...I better go look that up in the Old English dictionary...or Wiki...lol

Alms or almsgiving exists in a number of religions. In general, it involves giving materially to another as an act of religious virtue. In Abrahamic religions, alms are given as charity to benefit the poor. In Buddhism, alms are given by lay people to monks to nurture laic virtue, merit and blessings and to ensure monastic continuity. The word comes from Old English ælmesse, ælmes, from Late Latin eleemosyna, from Greek eleEmosynE pity, alms, from eleEmOn merciful, from eleos pity.

greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:56 am

alm

(the two of you can split this)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:18 pm

wow...half an alm....

Gosh thanks!... ;)

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”