HSB and no noise. At all.

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Gloria, there's a nagging thought in the back of my mind saying that somewhere I read that PS H/S adjustment layers increase noise more so than a&b channel adjustments. IIRC, it was something about H/S creating haloing.

Something interesting is definitely happening here.  I'll need a little time to think about this, but one thing I noticed, in Photoshop, is that the Brightness of the star shaped noise area changes significantly with the saturaiton adjustment.  It seems to me that an HSB or HSL saturation adjustment would change only the saturation.

I found this, written by Peter Lange in a LL http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11074&hl=# thread: "The Hue&Sat.-saturation slider in RGB mode (Normal blending) combines HSB-saturation with HSB-brightness." So I suppose light-colored halos could be affected? Maybe we aren't just talking noise, but also weird S/L artifacts. How should I know. I am only the son (well, daughter) of a poor but honest fisherman.

I would add that they is ... us! :-)

Mike...sigh. Are you a Pogo reader, perchance?

And Greg...you are relentless on this Wiki thing, and may possibly beat me down, but not without a lot of editing, and not without me knowing what I'm talking about. So it could be awhile :)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Well, Mars needs women and the Wiki needs articles....

I figure if I offer to help It makes it harder to say no....

You still can say no but think of the "Poor, Starving,  PS orphans" who would have no knowledge base to work from with regards to CM3.  Only you can help...just a few minutes a month will make all the difference....

Hey, It could be worse... I could be asking for money...

Greg

Postby -default » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:30 am

Here you go, Greg:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wish it were more!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm Rich...Rich I tell ya...
Oh boy!  money money money....

Well, as my mom always said...It's the thought that counts...Thanks Mike...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”