Maskmeister

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:25 pm

One thing I'd like to do, but probably won't have time for in the first release (that phrase is coming up more often now!), is the ability to show composite "preview" thumbnails, each reflecting a different mask.

Mike, this is tremendously fine! You should have many, many riels for putting this together.  :)

Absolutely love the new Mask Carte and it's capabilities. Beyond the functionality of these masks, they provide the opportunity to learn what these channels look like/act like in order to really understand the underpinnings of the color modes. It's an amazing tool. I am getting much better at predicting the best channel for any mask I may need, which feels like a great accomplishment since I have been struggling with that ever since reading the first chapter of Dan's PP5 book. And now this improvement.

A couple of things I discovered while poking around: the K channel shows properly in the Carte, but when selected is inverted on the preview. And I'm still getting the crash in HSB when I select Hilite mask. I'll send you a report on that right now.

And how do I go about changing the Hilite color? (Which is an awesome thing to do?)

Very nice job on this one--lots to check out. How very diverting with Thanksgiving chores to be done :)

Postby -default » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:38 am

riels - is that the Iranian currency.  Come to think of it, Iran is actually one of the few countries that isn't  marked on the shower curtain with a star.  No sales there yet.

The hilite color for the mask is located in the drop down for the mask HiLite button, under the mask tab.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:10 pm

I am sensible enough to only offer you currency that will be possibly handy in your upcoming adventures. But how interesting--no sales in Iran?
The hilite color question was from way back yesterday morning with version 3.0.2. It was right where it was supposed to be a few hours later.

Oh, for heavens sake what next? I sent the wrong attachment; here are your Cambodian riels, have a great vacation, Mike!

Postby -default » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:38 am

I printed them as-is on my inkjet, but they were too blurry.  A little Unsharp Mask did the trick though. 

Now they look like the Rial McCoy.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”