Compare not a menu item

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:09 pm

The command button “Compare” is not a menu item, at least that I can find. (If it’s there please, someone, point it out to me.) This means that I can’t make a hotkey (keyboard accelerator value) for it.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:01 pm

How sad...a Menu orphan...

I bet this could be fixed...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:35 pm

But then it will turn into compare curve...compare mask... compare resets, good luck, Mike.

...a Menu orphan :)

Postby -default » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:55 pm

The compare button is special in that it is not a command like the other buttons and menus, since it is in effect only while the mouse button is kept down.  The command system is not flexible enough to handle this, so there is special code for that one button to create this behavior.

I could add a command that acts as a toggle - enabling or disabling compare mode each time it is clicked.  My concern there is that people might leave it on, and wonder why the program is not working.  That would probably be OK in the case of a configured key or button that someone added themselves.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:38 pm

"I see", said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw....

I'd say leave it alone then...too much fiddling around while Rome Burns....
and other bad analogies....

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”