Resetting curves

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:43 am

The current layout in the Curves/Edit Curve menu (Reset/icon/Reset This Curve) is confusing.

The confusions arrises partially because the icon looks just like all Microsoft 'new' icons, which implies that the user is somehow going to create a new curve when clicking the icon.

My suggestion is to remove the icon and use words for all functions. However, I disagree with the current use of "Reset", which does not reset curve of the mask curve but instead removes it. The 'removing a mask' functionality should remain within the Mask/Select Mask menu not bleed over to the Curve menu also.

Thus my suggestion for the Curves/Edit Curves Menu: Reset All Curves/Reset Color Curves/Reset Mask Curve/Reset Selected Curve.

Note: My wife is a technical writer/communicator. We're sticklers for clarity & consistency.

derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:02 am

However, I disagree with the current use of "Reset", which does not reset curve of the mask curve but instead removes it.

You're a little late to the party, Howie. :) Search the CM3 Beta forum for the various arguments and decisions that were taken in this regard. After Mike made a variety of changes like the one you've described above, it was decided that "Reset" should reset everything back to as it was when CM3 started, just like the other PS filters and plugins do. Having it reset some things, and leave others (like masks) behind, just made it confusing and unpredictable.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:20 am

It seems that the discussion and consideration is still ongoing, http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=1337.msg5315#msg5315

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”