Soft proofing?

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Mike, what's the position with soft proofing in the latest CM3? The option to "Support soft proofing" is there in the options dialog, but what does it do? How do I use it?

I see the gamut warning is still shown, which is good, but can I turn it on and off?

Postby -default » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Derek,

Curvemeister uses a display function provided by Photoshop to show the preview image.  If Curvemeister provides the preview in anything other than Photoshop's original color space, soft proofing is disabled.  For example, if the original image is RGB, and Curvemeister asks Photoshop to display an Lab version of that image, the colors are displayed correctly, only without soft proofing.

The "Support Soft Proofing" option is implemented in Curvemeister as an extra color conversion, if necessary, back to Photoshop's original working color space to ensure that Photoshop's soft proofing will work.  Since this involves a slight performance hit, I made it an option.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”