Ribbon bar usage

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:14 am

The new ribbon bar (as in Ms Office 2007) is great. It would be even better if the standard Ms keyboard hotkeys worked: i.e. ctrl+F1 to hide the ribbon bar.

What's more, it would be nice to have keyboard stroke hints as well. These are the little letters & numbers--sometimes in combination--that pop up in the ribbon bar of Ms Office 2007 to guide the keyboard user: i.e. Alt/N/U/M for Insert/Symbol/More symbols. (This is actually my favorite feature in Ms Office 2007.)

Postby -default » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:14 pm

Yes, I would prefer not posting to the outside boards about the new release for the next few hours, until the release is officially announced.

As it turns out, I'm doing one last build to fix a version number error.  I'll add the ctrll-F1 option as a hot key for toggling the ribbon bar.  On my system, the keyboard hints do show up in the menus and tooltips.  I gather you are referring to something that pops up during the actual keyboard activity?

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 pm

See attached.

Postby -default » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Oh yeah, I like that. It definitely makes the keyboard accelerators easier to learn and use.

I use a third party library for the Ribbon Interface.  They do new versions from time to time - almost as often as Curvemeister - perhaps they'll add this feature.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”