Is mask active or not?

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 am

Just to summarize my current plans - these are in order of their functionality / ease-of-implementation quotient:

1) have user settable color and transparency for all the overlays
2) have a mask enable/disable button that works like the Compare button
3) a Mask Carte palette
4) have a per mask curve that stays until Reset is clicked
5) a way to add additional channels from other color spaces, to the Mask Carte.  For example, perhaps Yuv or CIE xyY might be interesting channels once we got to know them.
6) a Mask Carte that can be overlayed with thumbnails of the full image, for a Variations style comparison of multiple masks at once.
7) a way to create custom masks from other channels.  This would allow you to make your own version of the Skin mask, which is a combination of the a and b channels of Lab.
8) a brush for cleaning up a mask.  Sort of nice, relatively difficult to actually do.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:03 am

One more thought about the current "Reset" functionality. It also drives me nuts that, when right clicking in the Curves Window, the 'Reset' functionality removes the mask. Arggg...

I like to play with different masks. Losing the results of my playing is really aggravating, especially if I click Reset by accident.  :'(

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 am

1) have user settable color and transparency for all the overlays
2) have a mask enable/disable button that works like the Compare button
3) a Mask Carte palette
4) have a per mask curve that stays until Reset is clicked

Yippee! Hurrah!

5) a way to add additional channels from other color spaces, to the Mask Carte.  For example, perhaps Yuv or CIE xyY might be interesting channels once we got to know them.
6) a Mask Carte that can be overlayed with thumbnails of the full image, for a Variations style comparison of multiple masks at once.
7) a way to create custom masks from other channels.  This would allow you to make your own version of the Skin mask, which is a combination of the a and b channels of Lab.
a brush for cleaning up a mask.  Sort of nice, relatively difficult to actually do.

Yes, yes, yes!  :)

And for #5, please allow the user to add the CMY channels.

Postby -default » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:49 am

This may be too little too late, but Reset can be undone - type ctrl-Z and the mask and curves will be restored.

The CMY channels would be able to be added, just like any other channels.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”