Set Mask menu thoughts

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
derekfountain

Postby derekfountain » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Dropping the Set Mask menu shows the 4 blur options on the menu itself, plus another sub-menu right at the bottom which leads to repeats of those 4 options. I'm sure both aren't required! I think the menu can stand having the 4 individual entries on it, so I'd remove the sub-menu.

The "Show Mask" button should be right at the top. Reset should be at the bottom.

Are the left and right pointer entries actually useful? I can see they're useful as hot keys, but I'm not sure about having them as menu entries when their function is available much more easily by selecting a different channel from the list below.

I'm also somewhat concerned that there isn't a way to get the carte back for another review without destroying the mask settings one already has. I just selected a mask, increased it's contrast a bit and blurred it, then started to wonder if one of the other masks might have been a better bet afterall. It seems from that position I can't go and look at the carte again without destroying my mask work...

Also, I have a K mask, but no C, M or Y. Are they too close to RGB to bother with, or is there some other reason I don't know of?

Postby -default » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Good suggestions, Derek.  I changed the mask drop-down menu more or less as you suggested.  Let me know if you have any similar fine tunings.

Re getting the carte back - yes, there is a plan to keep a per mask curve that should address the issue you mention, making it easy to compare the curved versions of the masks to one another.  No promises for this release, but it's on the list.  The trick of copying the mask to the clipboard and pasting it may help in the meantime.

Re CMY - yes, they are always lower contrast versions of RGB, respectively, and do not make for interesting masks for that reason.  I have a hook in place for one or more user definable masks if there is enough interest in experimenting.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”