After Curvemeister 3---Features for the future?

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.

Postby -default » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:33 am

This is great to hear, Gloria.  Lately I'm doing more writing and coding than I am working on actual images.  So it's good to see people like yourself actually spending time on what really matters - the images. 

The spec for how they should work came from a note that Dan sent me, so I was pretty sure that masks would be useful.  I am still discovering new ways to use them.  Here are a couple of thoughts on blurring masks.

Masks are often hard edged - The sky image on the wiki  is a good example of this.  Blur can be an enemy of this kind of mask, because of fringing, and it's better to live with the noise than to risk adding a hard to remove fringe.

Masks can also be soft edged - adding a glow to a face, for example, or contrast to an area of clouds. It's for these situations, rather than noisy channels as such, that I believe blur is the most useful.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:27 am

Have you tried out Smart Filters yet?  That gives you the functionality that you are describing - Curvemeister on an adjustment layer.  There is probably a file size penalty.

The problem being that the CM settings that were used are not remembered when editing the CM smart filter layer.  :(

Postby -default » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:33 am

Smart Filters are a new feature and there are still bugs in how Curvemeister, and other plug-ns, use it.  Hopefully that particular one will be fixed in the next version - thanks again to Howie for finding it.

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”