3.2.0 64Bit pin File

The Curvemeister 3 beta test. Please post and discuss bugs, screen shots, suggestions, and any other information about your testing. This board is only visible to Curvemeister 3 beta testers.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Mike,
Well...The pins are really being interesting this go around...

When you right click on the pin gallery and select open pin file as shown.

You Get....

The open dialog box but notice that the pin gallery has closed.  The screen shot is to the bottom of the CM window.

When you select a file and choose open  < shot4 >

you get nothing...

< Shot 5 >

When you close CM you get a dialog box for each attempt to open the pin file as shown   Make sure you zoom out enough to see the entire image in the PDF...The error dialog is popped by PS for Shot 6.

I'll attach them as a PDF they exceed the upload limit...

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:29 am

Mike,
The Pins are better but....See Shot1.

If I create a pin as shown I should see it in the Test.txt file.  If I save the Pin to the File test.txt nothing happens and my Pin is gone when I close CM.
If I copy the pin as text and paste into the file ; the next logical step for me...I check H/S/B in the pin Dialog box and save....Shot 3
Then I copy the pin as text....

I get shot 2.  The pin is there but the data is all wack....When I edit the pin values in the dialog I get the right Pin in the test file.
Seems like If I create and save a pin; it should be a bit more elegant than this...

I see the work flow going like this.  I right click on the image and select "mark"
I click on the mark and select "Save Sample as Pin" 
CM creates the Pin in the current selected pin file or informs me it will be added to the existing and asks If I want to "create a new file". 
If I say yes; open a file name dialog and create the text file with the current pin values from the "edit pin" dialog. 
If I select no the pin is created in the current pin file. 

What do you think...
Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-92
screenshot001-jpg-92 (44.18 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
screenshot002-jpg-71
screenshot002-jpg-71 (28.21 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
screenshot003-jpg-38
screenshot003-jpg-38 (32.02 KiB) Viewed 6177 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 am

Greg:

I am not sure if I have hit a bug or am just incompetent (althought I am betting on the latter).  I can not seem to get pin files to come up in the beta.  No pins of any kind show up.  I downloaded the pins you created and placed the text file in the swatches folder, but when I try to access these pins I get an "improper argument dialogue."  Are your pins only for 32 bit CM?  If so, are there pins available for the 64 bit beta?

Thanks,

Brian

Return to “Curvemeister 3 Beta”