Looking for a few good testers!!

Please join the forum, and post here if you'd like to be considered for participation in the beta test of Magpie. Magpie is an android program that allows you to use your phone for comparing colors, and collecting and sharing color pins.

Postby -default » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 am

Please post here is you have an Android phone and would like to participate in the Magpie beta.

Magpie is a portable hue clock, similar to the one in Curvemeister, that allows you to measure and compare colors, and share them as pins with other participants.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm

I have been playing with Magpie since last summer. 
It is very interesting how the cell phone camera interacts with the program. 
I see us being able to use this to capture a color sample during a shoot and being able to pin to it in CM later...

I also see uses for color blind people since the hue clock will tell you the actual color of objects as well as show the hue angle.

BTW, the image shown is the overlay screen, the actual program shows the scene behind the overlay and changes as you move the camera around the scene.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 am

wow this... I wanna test

Postby -default » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 am

Hi Lonnie,

I'll send you a copy of the current version as an APK file.  You should be able to install it by opening the email on your android phone.  If that doesn't do the trick, let me know.

Mike

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Make sure you set the "unknown sources" switch to on.

Settings>Applications>  "Allow unknown sources"

Greg

Return to “Magpie Beta”