Attention Photoshop Users - Crash Bug !

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
gregmeister_admin

Attention Photoshop Users - Crash Bug !

Postby gregmeister_admin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Everyone,
We have determined that the latest version of Photoshop (19.1.5) has created a conflict with Curvemeister 3.8.2.0 !

The details of the Bug are as follows:
1) Open an image in PS and open Curvemeister
2) Alt Click anywhere on an image and create a hue clock.
3) Click on the color tile part of the hue clock.

Photoshop will crash to the desktop and you will lose any unsaved work.

Things to note:
1) You can click on the gray bar at the top of the hue clock but not the (x) to move the hue clock.
2) You can delete the hue clock by clicking on the marker in the image and hitting the delete key.
3) You cannot click on any part of the colored square that is the hue clock body.

Mike Russel is aware of the bug and is actively working on a resolution. We understand this is a big issue and Mike will update us as soon as possible on the progress and resolution of this bug.

Thanks for using Curvemeister and thanks for your patience as we work through this process.
Greg and Mike
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

stuarta

Re: Attention Photoshop Users - Crash Bug !

Postby stuarta » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:24 pm

I have observed the exact same behavior with PSE 14.
I didn't realize what I was doing that was causing the crash, but after reading this description I can duplicate the problem consistently (or avoid it if I'm careful).

Also :
I get a similar crash whenever I load a saved color sample from a file. Happens every time.

DougS

Re: Attention Photoshop Users - Crash Bug !

Postby DougS » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Just to confirm I have had several crashes; may not have only been hue clock as I was experimenting with show colored pixels on image for points on curves for Lab, HS, etc.
I was not watching for crashes as I was working...but Ps window crash showed; I did not report any crash to Adobe.

Also of note (but may not make a difference) I have updated win 10 to v 1809; and it had no problems till this CM crash.

I have several other Ps plugins and no issues with them for either Ps or win 10 updates.

Doug

PS: I still never see a hue clock in upper right of screen of curves; only shows if I pin a hue clock on the image. But worms on curves show OK.

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”