Mac version?

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
CoastGuy46

Postby CoastGuy46 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

I own a copy of Curvemeister and have recently migrated from Windows to the Mac OS.  I am using Photoshop CC which I like.  Is there any way to install Curvemeister on a Mac without using a virtual copy of Windows?  No flames please.  I have been a steady Microsoft consumer since the late 80's.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:22 am

Curvemeister is a no flame zone.

We feel your pain and get asked this a lot. 
Currently there are no versions that run on Mac.

Most users go with a boot camp type install that runs windows on the Mac hardware.
Mike is considering writing a version that is OS independent.  Adding your voice to the others will keep Mike working on it.

Greg

CoastGuy46

Postby CoastGuy46 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 am

OK, that is what I expected but felt compelled to ask. 

I don't know if it will make a difference but I have ordered a new Mac Pro which will be my primary photo editing platform.  I use curves heavily inside of PS cc but haven't mastered Curvemeister.  However, I have reached the point where I am ready to dig in. 

I have experience in the software QA area and would be happy to test anything you produce for the Mac platform. 

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm

I will link Mike to this posting...

Thanks for the offer!

Greg

Postby -default » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your note re Mac support.  Right now there are no plans for Macintosh support - Curvemeister is tightly bound into Windows at the moment, and it would take a complete rewrite of the user interface, and much of the underlying code to move to the Macintosh.  Perhaps someday, but nothing on the near horizon.

Mike

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”