Curvemeister 3.8.1 is available January 21, 2012

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

Curvemeister 3.8.1 is now available in the downloads area of the forum.  New features include sliders for fade, GCR, and mask blur.

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 am

I might be crazy.  Can there be a problem with CM interfering with Margulis PPW 3.0 beta?  When I run PPW it says "error: script not found!"    I had CM working fine.  I have not been using the beta for a while.  So I tried it.  (a couple of hours of rebooting and cursing) ...  I got  the PPW working then I fixed CM to add zone pins and PPW stopped again.  It just might be the beta.  Is it me?

But, I did run into two things.  One the install program still has problems with the pin files.  The pins are installed with system administrator permissions and not my user permission.  I know Mike has be fighting this, so this is not new.

Second, the uninstall did not uninstall. 

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 am

Can't rule anything out but I would be very suspicious...

I have had few issues with this build...
Greg

Postby -default » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm

I have not had any other reported issues with PPW, if that's any reassurance.  It is more likely that the pin issue and the PPW "Script not found" are both the result of the same cause, for example with scripts being disabled automatically by User Account Control (UAC). 

Writing to the pin folder has indeed been a problem on certain systems for the last several years.  I re-wrote the pin management command to explicitly display the permissions for the pin folder, and to allow it to be moved and merged to any folder location.  I realize none of this is the answer you need at the moment! 

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Any suggestions?  I removed PPW and deleted it from Adobe extension manager.  Hmmm.  Maybe I will delete again.  Reboot and then install from the download once again. 

I can work around the pin problems.  Part of that work around I did some  UAC on those folders. 

It seems weird that adding pins to a folder would cause another program in another folder to have problems.  I guess that is Windows / Adobe strange.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Have you checked the event log?  Often the answer is there, either in the system or application event log.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 pm

It's not unusual for your system's security settings, which includes UAC and other settings, to interfere with vba scripts. 

Doug.S

Postby Doug.S » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm in trial mode using 3.8.2 demo and learning, slowly, but in the time I have available.

Any plan for version 4.0 release?  And what new stuff? as I have heard some mention in video tuts/101.

Doug.S

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Doug,
Complicated question. 
Just like the big guys we are not 100% sure what will be in the next version of CM. 

There are things we want and things we need;  We want it all and we need it now....WE GET THAT....

Our problem is getting it to work in a way we want to give it to you.  With the changes in image processing and even hardware technology that are currently going on; we are working on 2 or 3 main items we know we need.

1) We really want to be device independent.  Much easier said than done unfortunately. This includes possibly adding mobile support we just do not know yet.

2) We are working on being disconnected from Photoshop.  We love Photoshop and want to be used in Photoshop but there is a larger market out there and we want to be able to be used by more than Photoshop Windows users. 

3) A better interface.  We understand the interface looks dated and we are working on getting that fixed. 

Other than that I really cannot commit to anything because it really comes down to Mike and his development processes.  We have asked for your patience and We know it has been a good long time between anything other than bug fixes...(We did add some new features last fall...) but we hope that when we come out with the new version it will be well worth the wait.

As for learning CM as you mentioned in your posting; I just want you to know there will be a new CM101 class starting in July.  Watch for postings and notifications.

Greg

Doug.S

Postby Doug.S » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for info.
I just downloaded and installed 32&64bit into CS5 & CS6 32&64bit, and set F6 key/.atn to start CM.
All looks OK so far; now off to use it.

Small question: demo is 3.8.2 but download/paid ver. is 3.8.1
Anything added to demo 3.8.2 not in 3.8.1? or is version num. inconsequential?

Doug.S

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”