3.3.4 64-bit expired

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi Mike & Greg,

I downloaded 3.3.4 for my 64-bit CS5 under Win7 and pointed it to the CS5Plug-ins folder where it installed.  It comes up telling me it's expired.  I remember going through this before but don't remember if we ever 'fixed' that or not.  I have been forced to use CM under CS5 32-bit to use CM.  Is there a solution?  I didn't find one by searching for 'expired' on the forum.  No hurry, but it would be nice to get 64-bit working.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 am

Hey,
I believe this is fixed.
I know Mike has fixed this problem. 

Hang in there for a bit and If he does not chime in I'll nudge him off line.  There is a problem with the earlier installs and the Beta.  I know he fixed this for the 3.3.4 build.  Let me look around a bit and see if we have a posted solution as well.

You might want to try a manual un-install and re-install the program.  My 3.3.4 runs great..I know that is no help but I offer it as hope...we'll get you running...

Greg

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks, Greg.  No hurry since my copy in 32-bit works fine and I can use that when I need to.  I also noted that the 64-bit installer does not list CS5 in it's recognized versions during the automatic search which necessitates entering the path to the Plug-ins folder manually.  That should be updated to see CS5 like the 32-bit installer does.

I remember having that problem quite some time ago when the 64-bit beta first came out and I don't remember if it was 'fixed' or not.  I searched the forum for 'expired' and didn't find my old post or an answer.  I'm thinking I gave up on it and just used the 32-bit.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I think you have the wrong version.
My installer finds CS5 and the 64bit version does as well.  That was one of the bug fixes for the 3.3.5 version.

follow this link...
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9

Greg

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Downloaded 3.3.5 64-bit from your link above.  Ran the uninstaller.  Then when the install window came up asking for my code, the code was not automatically filled in as it usually is.  I manually entered my code but it tells me it isn't valid, so it will not install.  The code is in ALL CAPS as given for CM3 and is usually entered automatically during updates.  Is did I miss paying for the x64 program since it is now out of beta?

Postby -default » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi Mike,

Your license definitely covers the latest version.  All owners of 32 bit version are entitled to the 64 bit version.  I'll contact you with your registration info.

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:11 pm

For the record on this forum ...
I downloaded the newer 3.3.5 version 64-bit.  Mike advised me that the new installer wipes the information from previous versions from the window asking for the code, so my valid code did not appear, nor did my full name, just first name (for some reason).  As Mike correctly pointed out, by adding my full name (first and last) along with my valid purchase code, the 3.3.5 x64 installed correctly into both CS4 and CS5 on my Win7 computer.

Excellent, quick support!  Thanks, Mike!

Postby -default » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks. I'm more than glad I could help, Mike.

A number of people have been running into this, since it's not all that easy to remember what name you used when purchasing the upgrade.

Sandraux02

Re:

Postby Sandraux02 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:39 pm

ggroess wrote:Hey,
I believe this is fixed.
I know Mike has fixed this problem. 

Hang in there for a bit and If he does not chime in I'll nudge him off line déménageur Toulon.  There is a problem with the earlier installs and the Beta.  I know he fixed this for the 3.3.4 build.  Let me look around a bit and see if we have a posted solution as well.

You might want to try a manual un-install and re-install the program.  My 3.3.4 runs great..I know that is no help but I offer it as hope...we'll get you running...

Greg

Maybe a few tutorials could help everyone. I don't know, it's just an idea.

gregmeister_admin

Re: 3.3.4 64-bit expired

Postby gregmeister_admin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 am

Hi Sandraux02,

The issue you are relating to is a very old version of the software. While the user ID issue is still present we support the resolution by sending out the user ID when requested. If you are having a problem we are more than willing to help.

Greg
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”