Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Curvemeister

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:48 pm

It works !!

I just installed CS5, updated my Curvemeister versions (I tend not to want to fix stuff that isn't broken) and simply copied the current curvemeister3.8bf file from the CS4 locations (one from the 32-bit CS4 and one from the CS4 64-bit install) to the respective 32 and 64-bit folders.  You'll find these files here in a typical Win7 (or probably Vista or XP) setup:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Filters      (32-bit version)
C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Filters              (64-bit version)

Simply copy the files from the folder(s) above to the exact same folders for CS5.  Apparently the purchase verification in the registry validates the existence of Curvemeister in both versions of Photoshop simultaneously.  I'm sorry I don't have a current copy of Elements but it should be similar.

I have not actually used CM3 in working on photos, but I did open a photo and checked the controls and CM seemed to work exactly as in CS4.

That's great because Mike can continue to sleep at night!!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Wonderful....

Could you kick it around a bit over the weekend and see if it does indeed function correctly. 
Remember there are some "issues" in the 64 bit version that need some tweaks. 

Great news...Thanks!
Greg

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”