Any reason CM3 shouldn't work in CS5?

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
mdavis

Postby mdavis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Hopefully the basic code used in CS5 is essentially the same as CS4 to allow CS5 (due out April 29 by download) to run CM3.  I thought Mike might have been able to beta test CS5 to see if CM3 will work.  Don't want to open any Pandora's boxes here.  Just curious as to whether or not I should try to install it.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 am

I would say that you should try.  Mike is in Croatia right now but he was going to try this himself as well..

Set a restore point first.  Then copy the 8Bf file into the plug ins folder.
That way if the CS5 does not like CM 3.20.0 or the 64 bit beta you can roll back to the restore point and no harm no foul.
There have been no issues so far that we have heard of but this would be a solid strategy if there are any.
Make sure you have the latest Visual C run time installed for CM.

Let us know what you see if you try this...
Greg

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks, Greg.  I'm running Win7 64-bit with both the 32-bit CM3 and 64-bit version in CS4-64.  I am on the pre-order list to download CS5 on Thursday.  I'll report back.  I just thought Mike might be on the beta test team for Adobe and have some advance information.  As good as CS4 is (and CS5 promises to be), I can't work without Curvemeister.

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:50 am

Fully agree. I can't work without CM either :)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

I am on an Adobe Beta team but  not the CS5  :-
Unfortunately, I have not been able to test CM against the products I am currently working with yet.

That does not mean that it will not work, It simply means that I have not tested it...

I know it will be a priority for Mike when it CS5 Drops he will not want you guys to have issues and we discussed the CS5 drop just this week...so...give it a try and see what happens....

There certainly are a few features of CS5 that will be worth the upgrade for.  Scene repair is over the top as far as I have seen on the preview site...I'm sure there are more reasons to go to CS5...

Greg

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”